Frozen corn, chopped onions and carrots are simmered in chicken broth with wild rice and spices in this soup best served when garnished with fresh salsa.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced carrots
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped green chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine corn, onion, carrot and 1 can chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until onion is tender.
Stir in remaining chicken broth, wild rice, green chili peppers, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until heated through.
Top each bowl with fresh tomato salsa, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.