No smoker or dehydrator is required here. Thinly sliced sirloin or London broil steak is mixed with liquid smoke and seasonings, then baked at low temperature for 8 hours.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin OR London broil, cut to 1/8 inch thick slices
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
In a medium, nonporous bowl, combine the salt, liquid smoke, garlic powder, monosodium glutamate, onion powder, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and ground black pepper to taste.
Place meat slices in this mixture and coat well. Then place the meat slices onto two 10x15 inch baking dishes in a single layer.
Bake at 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) for 8 hours.