Melted marshmallows top a creamy sweet potato filling in a sweet graham cracker crust. This pie can be prepared the night before the dinner without the marshmallows. Reheat the pie and melt the marshmallows on top just before serving!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch springform pan.
In a medium bowl, mix graham crackers, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and butter. Press mixture into the prepared springform pan to form a crust. Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, blend cream cheese, sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup brown sugar, light cream, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into the baked crust.
Bake pie 1 hour in the preheated oven, placing marshmallows on top to melt during the last 10 minutes.