Pan-toasted herbs flavor this creamy rich tomato sauce. Basil, thyme, oregano and pepper flakes, sauteed in olive oil, are cooked with onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes and broth. Bring to the edge of a boil with cream and white wine, then serve.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 7 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken soup base
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 pound cheese tortellini
- 6 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat and add basil, thyme, oregano and dried red pepper flakes; stir together.
Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until onions are transparent; add tomato sauce and bring to a boil, stirring well. Add chicken bouillon and stir.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Reduce heat, add cream and wine; bring close to a boil, stirring constantly. Add pasta and serve.