It takes three flours -bread, whole wheat and rye -to tame sauerkraut and onion, and this sturdy loaf handles the strong flavors quite well.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut - drained, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup rye flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
Add the ingredients to the bread pan in the order listed. Place the bread pan into the machine and close the lid. Select the basic setting and press start.