Make this flavorful and filling soup part of a fast-to-fix meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and garlic until the sausage is browned; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, broth and basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.