This is the full meal deal. Prepare packaged bread mix and jelly-roll it around a hearty filling of pork sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, Parmesan, Cheddar and herbs. This makes a great lunch all by itself or with a salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot bread roll mix
- 2 pounds pork sausage
- 2 (8 ounce) packages pepperoni, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
Prepare roll mix according to package directions, letting rise only once, about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large skillet brown the pork sausage and pepperoni and drain well.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked sausage mixture, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, 2 beaten eggs, parsley flakes, garlic powder, MSG powder, onion flakes, and oregano. Stir until well combined.
Divide the risen dough in two. On a floured board roll out one half to a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Spread 1/2 of the filling over the rectangle. Starting at the wide end roll two times then fold in the sides. Continue rolling until the end, making sure the seal is on top. Repeat with remaining half.
Place rolls on the prepared baking sheet. Brush generously with beaten egg. Use toothpicks to help hold the seam shut. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.