One of the best quiches I have ever had. Delicious and filling. Also great for dinner.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound small fresh button mushrooms
- 1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare the mushrooms by snipping off the stems. Cut in half if large.
Crumble the sausage in a large skillet, add the mushrooms, cook on medium-high heat until the meat and mushrooms are lightly browned and all the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Drain off the grease. Add the parsley.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, adding the cream, cheese and salt. Pour into the mushroom/sausage mixture; blending well. Pour mixture into the pie shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is well browned and the filling is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.