Seasoned stuffing mix and pork sausage are blended and made into little baked appetizer balls.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 cup herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix with hot water. Gradually mix in pork until blended with the stuffing mix. Stir in onion, celery, egg and baking powder.
Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls. Place the balls on a large baking sheet, cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes.
Remove foil. Raise oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking 25 minutes, until golden brown.