Tender portobello mushrooms and spinach are simmered with Parmesan cheese, wine and seasoning. Unique, easy, and extremely tasty side dish! Excellent with a steak and baked potato dinner.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Melt butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Saute mushrooms, spinach, basil, salt, pepper and garlic until mushrooms are tender and spinach is heated through.
Pour in wine and reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve.