Dijon mustard is added to this bread stuffing with walnuts and water chestnuts. This recipe will make enough to stuff a 12 to 15 pound turkey.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups dried bread crumbs
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In large saucepan combine butter and mustard. Stir in onions and celery; cook until tender. Add water chestnuts, walnuts, parsley, poultry seasoning and pepper.
Toss with bread crumbs and drizzle with chicken broth. Place stuffing in two 3 quart casserole dishes and bake for 30 minutes.