A savory stew of pork and potatoes to warm you inside and out. Great with crusty bread or corn muffins for dipping into stew and cleaning the bowls!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds cubed pork stew meat
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, or as needed
- 8 red potatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle pork on all sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and lightly coat with cornstarch. Place pork in the skillet, and cook until lightly browned but not done. Transfer to a slow cooker. Place potatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, and corn in the slow cooker.
In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, milk, broth, and Italian seasoning. Pour into the slow cooker.
Cover, and cook 1 hour on High. Reduce heat to Low, and continue cooking at least 1 hour.