A quick saute of shrimp and spices over wild rice and dinner's ready in Phase 3 of the South Beach Diet.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild rice
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Prepare the wild rice according to the package directions. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, paprika, pepper, salt, and garlic. Mix well and set aside.
Heat the oil in a skillet until hot. Add the shrimp and cook on medium heat for 30 seconds. Stir the shrimp and cook for an additional 45 seconds or until opaque, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and serve over 1/4 cup of the wild rice.
This recipe is optimal for Phase 1, Phase 2, or Phase 3 of the South Beach Diet.