This delightful dish is great for a light, warm-weather dinner, or for breakfast.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 (15 ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
FIT pie crust into a 9-inch deep-dish tart pan; prick bottom and sides of pie crust with a fork.
BAKE at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
SAUTE bell pepper, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet 5 minutes or until tender; stir in basil.
WHISK together eggs and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in sauteed vegetables and cheeses. Pour into crust; top with tomato.
BAKE at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until set; shielding edges with strips of aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.