Its a fruit salad with a refreshing twist. Along with the traditional fruits - pears, oranges, apples, and grapefruit - there are a few surprises - jicama, mango, and a delicious cilantro and citrus dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 large grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 jicama, peeled and diced
- 2 pears - peeled, cored and diced
- 3 oranges - peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and cubed
Cut the grapefruit in half, and set aside one half. Juice the remaining half, and combine with honey, cilantro, and orange extract. Set aside.
Segment the reserved grapefruit, and combine with jicama, pears, oranges, apples, and mango in a large bowl. Pour cilantro dressing over the fruit, and stir to combine. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.