This is a deliciously spiced low glycemic chicken stew that is full of vegetables and lentils.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, in 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1/2 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
Place all ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir to combine. Cover; microwave on high power about 25 minutes, or until chicken and vegetables are done. Add more broth if needed. Garnish with parsley.