The flavors of unique ingredients such as mango and sun-dried tomatoes come together in this scrumptious salad for some excitement for your tastebuds!! Can also be served as a light entree.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 small tomatoes, cubed
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large casserole dish, toss the pasta with the mango, tomatoes, avocado, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and pesto.
Place the salad in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, just until warm.