This is a beautiful and delicious salad that was popular in our salad bar when we had our restaurant. Red and green vegetables are mixed together with the imitation crab, and then tossed with a light and lemony dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, white wine vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and chile sauce.
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, broccoli, bell peppers, and crab. Toss mixture with dressing. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.