This is delicious and well worth the effort! Make sure the seafood is very fresh. Best if served in individual baking dishes, but can be made in one larger dish if they are not available.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound bay or sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 (4 ounce) can button mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pound cooked crab meat
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly butter 8 small baking dishes.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Saute shrimp and scallops until firm, about 5 minutes.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add chicken broth and raise heat to high. Stir until thickened. Mix in shallots, mushrooms and wine. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
Arrange shrimp, scallops and crab in the bottom of prepared dishes. Pour sauce over seafood and cover with cheese.
Bake in preheated oven until golden, about 12 t o15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.