A creamy chowder full of flavor! Of course regular ingredients may be used for those not watching their waistline.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat free cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) can fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 pound crabmeat
- 1/2 pound calamari tubes
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can chopped clams
Place 1/2 cup milk, cream cheese, and garlic in a large pot over low heat. Cook and stir until blended. Mix in soup, green onions, carrots, corn with liquid, potatoes, parsley, and remaining milk. Season with black pepper and cayenne pepper. Simmer 25 minutes. Do not boil.
Mix the shrimp, scallops, crabmeat, calamari, and clams, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until seafood is opaque.