A deliciously simple, yet very impressive seafood pasta dish with cream and Parmesan cheese. Bound to rival your favorite restaurant version of the same!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry fettuccine noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Melt butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp and scallops, stirring to combine, and cook 3 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Pour half-and-half, salt, and pepper into the pan and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Gradually sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over seafood mixture and continue stirring another minute. Remove from heat.
Toss cooked pasta into the pan, coating thoroughly. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, and serve.
If the sauce is too thin for your liking, add a bit of cornstarch until it is the right consistency for you. If using frozen seafood, be sure to thaw and drain it completely before adding to the skillet to prevent the excess water from diluting the sauce.