A colorful sauce of red and green bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, parsley, onions and garlic is enriched with flour and milk, and flavored with shrimp, scallops and crabmeat. Enjoy this luscious sauce over hot linguini.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup canned shrimp
- 1 cup crab meat, drained
- 1 pound scallops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In a large pot wit boiling salted water cook linguini pasta until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, in an electric frying pan, or large skillet saute the red onion and garlic in olive oil. When onion is translucent, add the milk. Cook until bubbles form around the edges of the pan. Add the parsley, chopped green and red bell pepper, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, shrimp, crab, and scallops and stir until well incorporated.
Remove 1/2 cup of milk from the mixture and place in a small bowl with the flour. Stir until smooth. Add back to skillet with seafood and vegetables. Allow mixture to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour seafood sauce over drained and cooked linguini noodles. Serve warm.