Melted Monterey Jack cheese tops zucchini halves stuffed with a rich mixture of crabmeat and shrimp.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 pound cooked crabmeat, diced
- 1/2 pound cooked salad shrimp
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
With a large spoon, scoop out the centers of each zucchini half, reserving the meat.
In a large bowl, mix about 1/2 the reserved zucchini meat, the egg, crabmeat, shrimp, and garlic. Blend lime juice and lemon juice into the mixture, and stir in the Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Season with oregano, basil, and pepper.
Arrange the zucchini halves in a medium baking dish. Generously stuff the halves with the crabmeat and shrimp mixture.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and top with cheese. Return to the oven, and broil 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.