Searing the chicken boosts and seals in the flavor. Serve with Fire Roasted Tomato and Chipotle Salsa for an authentic Southwestern flavor. This recipe was developed by the McCormick Corporate Chefs for a luncheon given during the 45th National Chicken C
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ancho Chile Pepper
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Mexican Oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 2/3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
Combine ancho, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, oregano, and salt with 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Rub on chicken to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sear 1 minute per side. Transfer to a baking dish (or leave in the pan if it is oven-proof), and roast in a 350 degrees F oven for about 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
Serve whole breasts or slice diagonally.