I made this for my husbands birthday, and it was a hit. We both ooohed and aaahed throughout dinner.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 small papaya - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops
In a medium bowl, combine papaya, red pepper, jalapeno onion, lime juice, cilantro, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
In a large sealable bag, combine flour, black pepper, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Add scallops, and shake to coat.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallops; cook and stir until golden. Serve scallops over papaya sauce.