Seared scallops are served warm with a spicy, fresh pineapple, mango, cucumber, and bell pepper salsa. Simple, colorful, and delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and drained
Combine the pineapple, mango, cucumber, bell pepper, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Heat a large, nonstick fry pan over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Add half of the scallops to the pan; sear until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the scallops to a warmed plate while cooking the remaining scallops.
Spoon the salsa over the scallops, and serve immediately.