These tender seared scallops with a delicate herb crust make an elegant main course.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 16 sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, oregano, thyme and lemon pepper. Roll scallops in flour mixture until lightly coated on all sides.
Heat olive oil in a skillet or frying pan over high heat. Add 4 scallops to the pan and sear on all sides (about 2 minutes for each side). Remove scallops from pan and place on a plate in the oven to keep warm until ready to serve. Repeat 3 times until remaining scallops are cooked. Toss with parsley and lemon juice.