Peppers and mixed vegetables are seared in a spicy sauce, then rolled up and baked inside tasty crescent roll dough.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 banana peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cube vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir jalapeno peppers, banana peppers, Anaheim pepper, garlic and onion in oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
Mix in the frozen mixed vegetables, water, vegetable broth, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce. Raise heat to high and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until thick and darkened, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Separate crescent roll dough into triangles, and arrange on a large baking sheet. Place a generous amount of the vegetable mixture on each triangle. Roll triangles around the mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.