These crab cakes are such a treat. Simple and quick crab patties coated with cornflake crumbs and pan-fried. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce or Dijon mustard.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crab meat, drained and chunked
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons HERB-OX® Chicken Flavored Bouillon Granules, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflake crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges
- Tartar sauce and Dijon style mustard
In bowl, combine first 7 ingredients and 1 teaspoon bouillon. Stir until combined. In another bowl, combine cornflake crumbs with remaining bouillon. Evenly divide crab mixture into 12 (2 1/2 inch) patties. Coat patties with cornflake mixture. In large skillet, heat a small amount of oil. Place patties in skillet and cook over medium heat, about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Add additional oil to skillet and continue cooking crab cakes. Serve immediately. If desired, garnish with lemon wedges and serve with tarter sauce and Dijon mustard.