A great meaty loaf with no bread, so it's great for low carb diets. Tasty and sure to satisfy! This beef and pork sausage meatloaf is loaded with pepper jack cheese, bacon and spinach, and it makes an awful lot!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 5 pounds spicy ground pork sausage
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach , thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 3 (4 ounce) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 3 cups pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 eggs
- 1 (1.25 ounce) packet meatloaf seasoning mix
- 1 pound pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup ketchup, or as needed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring frequently, until bacon is crisp and onions are transparent. Drain off excess grease, and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, pork sausage, bacon and onions, spinach, olives, pistachio nuts, 1 cup of ketchup, eggs, and meatloaf seasoning until well blended. Pat meat into a loaf shape, and place in a large baking pan. A roasting pan will work well. Poke cheese cubes into the top of the loaf so they are completely covered. Brush remaining ketchup generously over the top.
Bake for 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature of the loaf is 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).