Big, soft cookies with macadamia nuts, chocolate and powdered espresso.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups sifted whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup halved macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in espresso and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Melt chocolate in double boiler over low heat. Let cool to room temperature. Stir into mixture. Mix in nuts until well blended.
Drop 3 inches apart on cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes, or until crisp around edges.