Bite into one of these almond cookies, and you'll find a sweet chocolate kiss. Each cookie is rolled in powdered sugar for a festive touch.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 36 HERSHEY®'S KISSES® with Almonds Chocolates
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Powdered sugar
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
Beat butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Add flour and almonds; beat on low speed of mixer until well blended.
Using about 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie, shape dough around each chocolate piece; roll in hand to make ball. (Be sure to cover each chocolate piece completely.) Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set but not browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. While still slightly warm, roll in powdered sugar. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container. Roll again in powdered sugar just before serving.