Oatmeal cookies with walnuts or pecans.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cream together shortening, white sugar, brown sugar. Then add 1 beaten egg.
Sift together flour, baking soda, and ground cinnamon and add to first mixture. Then add quick rolled oats, finely crushed walnuts or pecans and vanilla.
Cover and chill for an hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place walnut sized pieces of dough on a greased cookie sheet. Butter the bottom of a small glass, dip in sugar and flatten out the little pieces. You need not rebutter each time. Bake for 10 minutes.