A family favorite, this quick and easy recipe combines canned salmon with diced bell pepper, saltines, onion, a bit of Worcestershire, and hot pepper sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, stir together salmon, crackers, egg, bell pepper, and onion. Mix in milk, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper. Season with black pepper. Mix well with your hands, and spread into baking dish.
Bake in a preheated oven until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.