The zesty, aromatic flavor of Wasabi, a traditional sushi accompaniment, lends its spark to grilled salmon and a crunchy go-with slaw.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Wasabi Powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Sesame Seed, toasted
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Chinese (napa) or savoy cabbage
- 1 cup chopped red radishes
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted sunflower kernels
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillet or 4 small salmon steaks
In 1-cup glass measure or small jar, combine wasabi with water; let stand 10 minutes. Add vinegar, oil, brown sugar and sesame seeds. (This can be made ahead to allow flavors to blend.)
Reserve 2 to 3 tablespoons dressing. Toss remaining dressing with cabbage, radishes, cucumber and sunflower kernels.
Grill or broil salmon 8 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with reserved dressing during last 2 minutes of cooking. Serve salmon with slaw.