Thinly sliced beef is marinated in an Asian inspired lime-sesame sauce, cooked, then wrapped in tortillas with red leaf lettuce.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 pound eye of round, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
Place sliced beef in a shallow bowl. In a jar, combine lime juice, honey, oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil and grated ginger. Seal lid tightly, and shake until well combined. Pour over beef, and marinate 30 minutes.
Heat a nonstick skillet until very hot. Pour beef and marinade into pan, and saute on high heat until steak is evenly brown. Remove beef with a slotted spoon. Continue boiling marinade until reduced by half, stirring frequently to prevent burning, about 5 minutes. Put steak slices back into marinade, mix well, and set aside to cool slightly.
Place lettuce leaves on tortillas, and evenly distribute steak slices between all tortillas. Fold bottom of tortilla up by 1/3, then tightly roll from the side until wrapped.