This is a wonderful side dish to serve with your Asian-themed meal. So quick and easy to prepare.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 cups diagonally sliced snap peas
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 (7 ounce) package fresh udon noodles
In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut oil, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce. Close the lid, and shake vigorously to blend. Set aside to let the flavors blend.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add udon noodles, and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, and place in a serving bowl.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the green, red, and yellow peppers with green onion and peas. Heat in the microwave until warm, but still crisp. Add to the noodles in the bowl, and pour the dressing over all. Toss to coat everything in dressing, then sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the top.
Toasting sesame seeds:
Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat. Shake pan, or stir occasionally until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.