Coconut cream pudding and lemon-lime soda are baked in a yellow cake and topped with a cooked pineapple sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 10 fluid ounces lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in 4 eggs, oil and the lemon-lime soda. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Make cooked pineapple topping: Into large saucepan, combine crushed pineapple, butter, 1 beaten egg, and flour. Cook over low heat until thick. Pour over cake. Keep in the refrigerator.