A light and fluffy cake with a packaged cake mix base and a wonderful, easy topping - from mixing to eating in less than 2 hours! And oh, so good!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package flaked coconut
Grease a 9 x 13 pan, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, slightly beaten eggs, and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until batter is light and fluffy. Add 7-UP ™ , and beat in well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or till done. While cake is baking, prepare the topping; it will take about 15 minutes to prepare.
In a medium non-aluminum saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in 2 eggs, butter or margarine, and pineapple. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in coconut. Spread topping over warm cake.