This is a very simple recipe to make and tastes great too. This sauce tastes extra good if you add fried meatballs or pork spareribs to the sauce. Another good addition is a can of drained peas, if you like them. Happy eating!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 pinch white sugar
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and saute garlic, being careful not to burn it. Pour in tomato paste and simmer on low for 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, pepper, salt, basil and sugar; stir. Cook on low for three hours, stirring occasionally.