Tasty and filling, this is a wonderful 'got everything in the house' recipe!! This recipe is very versatile. I have substituted many different ingredients like yams, corn and even cheese soup. It all comes out yummy!
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 potatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas, with liquid
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can water
- 1 pound pork sausage, sliced and browned
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish layer the rice, potatoes, onion, carrots, peas, tomato soup with water, and sausage. Salt and pepper to taste.
Bake covered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until fork tender. Remove cover for last 5 minutes of baking.