My mom's Seven Layer Dip is a big hit at all small gatherings! Refried beans are layered with guacamole, seasoned sour cream, veggies and cheese. It's perfect for dipping tortilla chips! The dip traditionally takes less time to disappear into bellies th
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup salsa
- garlic salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives - drained and finely chopped
In a medium bowl, mash the avocados. Mix in lime juice, cilantro, salsa, garlic salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and taco seasoning.
In a 9x13 inch dish or on a large serving platter, spread the refried beans. Top with sour cream mixture. Spread on guacamole. Top with tomatoes, green onions, Mexican-style cheese blend and black olives.