Seven colorful layers of fruit gelatin, some made opaque with evaporated milk, are frosted with whipped topping in this time-consuming, yet easy, dessert.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 7 (3 ounce) packages assorted fruit flavored gelatin mix
- 4 1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 4 1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Coat a 9x13 inch dish with cooking spray.
Dissolve one package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in 3/4 cup cold water. Spoon into pan and refrigerate until almost set, 45 minutes.
Dissolve another package of gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Spoon over first layer and refrigerate until almost set, 45 minutes.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all gelatin is used. Just before serving, top with whipped topping.