Cayenne pepper and hot sauce spice up this slaw and lettuce salad big time. The tomatoes and bell pepper add lots of color. This yummy concoction is tossed in a sweet vinegar syrup and served immediately.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
In a saucepan, combine the vinegar and sugar; cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and refrigerate until chilled.
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, lettuce, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, ketchup, cayenne pepper and hot sauce. Mix and pour cooled vinegar and sugar mixture over slaw. Toss and serve chilled.