Homemade croutons, made with olive oil and dill, top cheesy chicken breasts in a creamy sherry sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Toss bread cubes with olive oil and dill to coat, and spread onto a baking sheet. Toast until golden brown.
Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover each chicken breast with a slice of cheese.
In a medium bowl, mix together the soup, sherry, and sour cream. Pour mixture over chicken, and top with toasted bread cubes.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until done.
The original recipe, Swiss Sherry Chicken, was submitted by Janet Schaufele, and contains 495 calories, 33 g fat, 139 mg cholesterol, 826 mg sodium, 13.1 g carbohydrates, .8 g fiber, and 34.5 g protein.