This cool, refreshing salad can also be used as a relish. It is always a hit!!
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 (4 ounce) jar pimentos
In a small saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt, black pepper, and celery seeds. Heat until hot, but not boiling. Cool.
In a large bowl, combine corn, peas, green beans, onion, green pepper, and pimentos. Pour cooled vinegar mixture over vegetables; mix well. Chill in the refrigerator overnight. Serve cold.