Manicotti stuffed with chicken, spinach and cottage cheese and baked in a sauce made of cream of chicken soup and sour cream flavored with Italian seasoning.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup drained, creamed cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 manicotti shells
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until opaque and juices run clear.
In a medium bowl, combine cooked chicken, egg, spinach, cottage cheese and Parmesan. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with chicken mixture. Arrange shells, not touching one another, in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk and Italian seasoning and stir until smooth. Pour over shells in dish and spread to cover completely. Carefully pour boiling water around the edge of the dish. Cover tightly with foil.
Bake in preheated oven 60 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with Cheddar and parsley and let stand 10 minutes before serving.