Delicious salmon cakes made with potatoes and the added color of red bell pepper and green onion. I came up with the idea for this recipe out of pure laziness. I didn't want to wait for potatoes to boil! It turned out great and definitely became the over
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 pound cooked flaked salmon
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped canned banana peppers
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup oil for frying, or as needed
Squeeze as much liquid from the potatoes as you can, and place in a large bowl. Beat the eggs with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, and mix with the potatoes. Mix in salmon, green onions, capers, red bell pepper, banana peppers, mushrooms and bread crumbs. Form into about 12 patties about 3/4 inch thick.
Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the patties for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels quickly before serving. Try to fry all the patties at one time, otherwise the mixture becomes stiff.