Avocados and shrimp are tossed with bacon, cheese, and tomatoes in this super pasta salad. Great as a side dish, but also works as a cool summer entree.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain. Rinse under cold running water to cool.
Place bacon in a skillet over medium high heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain and crumble.
In a large bowl, gently toss together the pasta, bacon, shrimp, avocados, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tomatoes, and red pepper. Serve over lettuce.