Bruschetta comes from the Italian word 'buscare,' which means 'to roast over coals.' This recipe takes on a seafood twist with the addition of OLD BAY Seasoning and shrimp.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 (8 ounce) baguette-style French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Mix shrimp with Old Bay, garlic powder, tomato, green onion, olive oil and egg white in a medium bowl. Stir until well blended.
Place bread slices on a baking sheet and broil until lightly toasted. Spread toasted slices lightly with mayonnaise. Spoon shrimp mixture evenly over bread slices.
Bake at 350 degrees F 8-10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and lightly browned.
For brighter color, substitute 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper for tomato.